Name That Showtune, Showtune That Name

I've already stated that I have been in a WhatsApp full of theatre fans since the beginning of lockdown - one of them Becky, aka Music Lives In Me, is celebrating her blog's 4th birthday, and she has challenged me, like she has already done, to name a show tune for every letter of my blog's name?

Glastonbury blaring in the background ✅ 
Cuppa tea ✅
Theatre brain on ✅

Challenge accepted! 

Credit: https://giphy.com/gifs/llama-bring-it-on-mVJojMQvDwixG

T - Tell Me It's Not True (Blood Brothers)

Grab your tissues! Starting off with a sad one here! It was also one of the first reviews I ever did!



H - Half A Sixpence (Half A Sixpence)

I think Becky would kill me if I didn't choose something from Half A Sixpence so... 😂



E - Everybody Say Yeah (Kinky Boots)

This one is impossible NOT to have a boogie to!



A - All I Ask Of You (The Phantom of the Opera)

One of the most romantic songs in Broadway history. I was supposed to have seen the touring production in April and I am absolutely gutted it's not going to be returning once it is over. Fingers crossed the company will have another chance to shine in the London cast!



T - There Is Life Outside Your Apartment (Avenue Q)

Ok, it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but let's hope there will be soon! 😳😅



R - Rainbow High (Evita)

One I like to practise in the shower - it's deceptively hard! Thanks ALW!



E - Easy As Life (Aida)

I have heard rumours that this will finally be coming to the UK soon. Please let that be true Disney, Sir Elton, Sir Tim!



S - Satisfied (Hamilton)

One of my absolute favourite songs! Angelica Schyler is a character I relate to so much on a personal level and I loved seeing Miriam Teak-Lee bringing her to life when she was covering the part!



C - Circle of Life (The Lion King)

Another big tour I will likely miss out on.... The Lion King was my very first West End show, so it holds a very special place in my heart. Hearing those words and seeing the legendary puppets come on stage sent chills through me!



R - Roar (& Juliet)

The last show I saw before lockdown was a concert version of & Juliet. A lot of the cast were unavailable due to illness (not coz of Covid!), injury or annual leave, so instead of cancelling the show, they arranged this concert version. I had managed to get day seats for me and a friend of mine - and we spent the whole performance oggling at Oliver Tompsett from the front row 😍😍😍😍 It is high on my list of shows to see in full when they get back running (partly so I can talk about it properly, I didn't feel it was fair to review the concert version!)



I - I Dreamed A Dream (Les Miserables)

Just as Sixpence is Becky's favourite, Les Mis is 100% mine, so I had to include it somewhere; Fantine's heartbreaker is one of my faves not only to listen to, but to sing as well! I sadly don't have an O in my blog name, so no chance of putting On My Own anywhere buuuut...



B - Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast

One of my favourite Disney films, along with Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame! I would of course ADORE to see this on stage - like Aida, there are rumours that it will be coming back at some point....!




Possibly my favourite jukebox musical? It was a really nice surprise when I got to see the show a few years ago with my Mum. In fact I think it IS my favourite jukebox - will see if Jagged Little Pill manages to topple that if/when I'm able to see it live!



L - Let The Sunshine In (Hair)

Not my favourite musical by any means, but this is one of the songs from Hair that I DID like. It's so relevant now too it kind of hurts...



E - Ever After (Into The Woods)

Sondheim had to pop up somewhere right...?



S - So Much Better (Legally Blonde)

The ultimate guilty pleasure musical. I ended getting into a bet with a former boyfriend when we were together - Leicester Curve was doing a production with Lucie Jones at the time. He got me into Glee (better late than never) and said if we managed to see all 6 seasons in time, we could see Legally Blonde - guess who won! 😂😂


 

Comments