Feature: Treason, filmed at Cadogan Hall

Source: Treason The Musical (@treasonmusical) • Instagram photos and videos
Guess it's about time they make a musical about the gunpowder plot right? 

Revealing the more forgotten players of the famous 5th November plot to blow up Parliament, new musical Treason tells this story through original music, mostly based around traditional folk as well as modern pop. 

This new show has been written by Ricky Allen, and has been garnering a bit of attention recently 

While I don't want to get into a critique as such as the show is still in its development stage, I do want to give this show a quick spark (haha!) of spotlight, as I think this is worth a watch. 

This filmed concert from Cadogan Hall is only 50 minutes long, so doesn't take much out of your day; and all the numbers performed are well written in their own way: especially when performed by a cast that includes Oliver Tompsett (I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change), Bradley Jaden (After You) and Lucie Jones ([title of show], and announced this week to be London's newest Fantine). 

Jones' numbers are in fact my favourite in the show; she's haunting as the widowed Martha Percy, crying out "When will I see you again my love"

You can listen to the concept album on Spotify (it's a different cast mind you, but doesn't matter), and can watch the final day of the concert today but getting tickets here: Treason The Musical | Official Website 

The team are asking for audience feedback about it, so make sure you let them know what you think. This could well be one to watch - and if/when I get to see this live and out of the development tunnel, I will share my full Treason-ous experience... 

Comments