Ben Platt, Live from Radio City Music Hall Review

This morning, I woke to 2 things flooding my Twitter page. The first was about the Bombshell concert with A LOT of love for Megan Hilty and news that SMASH is coming to Broadway... Errrrr, between you and me, I never really got into SMASH, despite the incredible talent involved. 

The other was that Ben Platt: Live from Radio City Music Hall was released on Netflix, filmed from his concert at the famous New York venue last September...! 

My list on Netflix is stuffed with movie musicals and so much anime, Ghibli and series alike..... It's definitely going to take me until the lockdown end just to get to the end of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt at this rate, let alone the whole backlog..... 

........ ........... .............

PRIORITIES!!!!

If you have been somehow living under a rock and don't know who Platt is, he is an actor and singer best known for The Book of Mormon, the Pitch Perfect movies, Netflix's The Politician, and Dear Evan Hansen, for which he was awarded a Tony for playing the title role

Don't expect any songs from DEH etc, as this was from Platt's solo album, Sing To Me Instead - but it didn't matter to me ONE BIT!!!! He proves why he's one of the biggest talents to come out of our community in recent years. 

Platt's vocal ability is quite frankly insane, especially when he gets into his higher register; is it falsetto, is it belting, I don't know. It's unique to me how he can get up there with little to no effort. Even I struggle with some of the notes he hits with utter ease, and I'm a girl!!!

This may be a short review, but know that my ears are very happy indeed and I don't want to go any further as I would like you to experience this for yourself. 

If you're looking for something chilled with your loved ones, grab a glass of red and pop this on. I cannot recommend it enough. 

You can watch it on Netflix here

Comments