It's A Bad Idea.... NAW

"I'm Ready... Ready As I'll Ever Be!"
My Saturday after Falsettos the night before was kinda packed - had a delish veggie breakfast, finally visited the House of Mina Lima, and met up with an old friend from Bordeaux days in the new Theatre Café on St Martins Lane.
The day ended with one big fat bang. In fact, this was the main reason I came down to London-town for the weekend - how the frick can anyone resist seeing Jeremy Jordan at Cadogan Hall??!!

Yeah. That happened!

For those who don't know (dun dun duuun!) Jeremy Jordan is a star of the Broadway stage and screen. On stage he's done everything from West Side Story to Rock of Ages, to his most recent turn as Dr Pomatter in Waitress, and his Tony nominated role in Newsies (still hasn't made it here yet).
On screen, he's known for Smash, Supergirl, and (my personal fave/guilty pleasure), Tangled: The Series (PLEASE check him out in this, his character Varian is one of the most adorkable characters I have ever met and deserves hugs...)

I digress.....

He was accompanied by Musical Director Benjamin Rauhula, who's known for collaborating with Laura Osnes for the Broadway Princess Parties - check them out on YouTube, it's a bunch of Broadway stars belting out Disney Princess songs, what more do you want!

Moving on back to Jordan, I will try and review this as best as I can; going to be hard though as I was a puddle on the floor a lot of the time.....
But that's only credit to Jordan's ability. He could go from Sunday-afternoon-chilled to making you dance and leap to your feet in applause from just 1 number to the next.

Cadogan Hall is so pretty!
Mr Fairy Godfairy of sass (as I'm now calling him) Rauhula is the King of Medleys as Jordan said, and making full advantage, there were quite a few medleys he performed; ranging from The Last 5 Years, to Bonnie and Clyde, and following the Disney theme, his own Disney Princess mash up.

He didn't only perform medleys, of course, also chucking into the mix a cut song from Waitress, a Billy Joel number dedicated to his daughter, and one of his own compositions that hopefully sees the light of day. Oh this guy can write and play the guitar on top of having an inhuman voice - IS THERE ANYTHING THIS GUY CANNOT DO??!!

The highlight though was 100% his Greatest Showman medley, and his story in how he became involved with its development. After hearing that I want to put out a plea to Benj Pasek and Justin Paul: when the piece goes to the stage (which it will, let's be honest here), NOT casting Jordan will be a GRAVE injustice.
After his final note in the From Now On section in the medley, it was impossible NOT to leap to your feet. He deservedly got a standing ovation and, bless his cotton socks, you could see how much that reaction meant to him. #justiceforjjordan

From the highlight to one thing I have to address, though no blame is resting at Mr Jordan's feet. Cadogan Hall, you do know how to sell a swizz! Programme was £5 (standard London price) - didn't have much in it but ok.... If you wanted a signed version, it was £10..... 😑 What. A. Swizz.

" I'll be so happy I could... MELT!"
Moving on from the pain in the ass to the end of the concert - a standing ovation, encore.... and bless him for taking pictures with everyone in the stage door queue despite being knackered and doing 2 shows the day after!

I was NOT intending on it, but I came out of Cadogan Hall to find a massive queue and I went to the back like a sheep.... It was freezing outside and when it got to the 2 girls before me, realising I was next I went VERY jello-y; but it was totally worth it!
Jordan was only taking pictures and not signing, but it didn't matter one bit....

There was also a massive queue after people had seen Jeremy, hopping over the other side of the pavement for Rauhula, but I didn't join that one.

Thank you for a fab concert Cadogan Hall - if you're in the London area and want to see more FAB Broadway stars over the next few months, then check their website. They will be hosting gigs from Kelli O'Hara (The King and I), 2019 Best Actress in a Musical Tony winner Stephanie J Block and (the one I would have my eye on), Sierra Boggess. They're all on Sundays though I believe, so unless you have Monday off for travelling back.... Could be interesting...

Now, if you excuse me, after bringing all that back up, I think I need a lie down.... 😍😍😍

Comments