Don't Get Drunk And **** In Your Sink Again

https://www.instagram.com/nationaltheatre/
Never thought I would be talking about this... Especially as all the tickets for this show's final West End run went quicker than me eating a whole sharing pack of Malteasers….
But an opportunity came from NT Live, and I knew I had to go and see this. So after work, after getting out of my smelly uniform, I hopped over to my local cinema to see Fleabag, Phoebe Waller-Bridge's original one-woman play that inspired the hit TV series, live from London.

Now this may sound controversial but I have never seen a single episode of Fleabag......

Please don't kill me.

Buuuut having said that, I will now have to find time and binge all the episodes - because I can see what all the fuss is about - and this will be short because most of you already know everything Fleabag related so what else can I say - not a lot.

For any other newbies like me, title character Fleabag is a twenty/thirty-something living in London, is sex-obsessed and running a failing guinea-pig themed café. She's loud, funny and incredibly crude - I was often laughing out, and one time crying with laughter so hard I couldn't breath, chocked on my popcorn and started hyperventilating...! It is however not all big laughs and crude jokes with Fleabag wondering if she has a massive asshole. There's tender moments too, when you just want to reach out and hope Fleabag will get a break (or at least give her a hug).

There was on big issue though - I was loving it one minute and the nothing the next.... Because the stream froze. IT FROZE!!!
Turning to Twitter to vent my frustration, I must give props to the NT Live Twitter team who got back to me VERY quickly, and luckily we only lost 10 minutes max. It seems though that Bolton Light wasn't the only cinema in the country that was having issues....

Other than that though, this is defo one you should try and see when they re-play it on the 27th (I think) - and if you have tickets to see it live, you lucky so and so....!!! XD

Comments